Aluminum plate processing is commonly encountered in alloy processing. One of the problems is whether is it OK for aluminum sheet cut by laser?? The answer is yes.
A few years ago, the laser cutting machine could cut the aluminum plate. At that time, the workers painted ink on the aluminum plate (it is said that the aluminum plate has a high reflection coefficient and is afraid of reflecting the laser). In addition, the parameters of the laser are complicated to adjust. At that time, only aluminum plates with a thickness of 1mm could be cut. After accumulating experience, the cut of aluminum plate is also very smooth and there is no slag hanging.
Is the cut surface of laser cutting aluminum plate as smooth as that of other materials?
The cut of aluminum plates is also smooth. Aluminum plate is only a high reflective material and needs a large laser generator. Like other materials, the cutting gas is cut with nitrogen, which will not cause smooth surface
Aluminum plate adopts laser cutting, with the following features:
1. Fine cutting seam: the cutting seam of laser cutting aluminum plate is commonly 0.1mm-0.2mm
2. Smooth cutting surface: the cutting surface of laser cutting aluminum plate shall be free of burrs and slag.
3. Small thermal deformation: the laser cutting of laser processing is fine, fast and energy concentrated. Therefore, the heat transmitted to the cut material is small, and the deformation of the material is also very small.
4. Material saving: computer programming is adopted for laser processing. Laser equipment can carry out material nesting of aluminum plate processing parts with different shapes, improve the material utilization rate of aluminum plate and save a lot of material costs.
5. How thick aluminum plate can be cut mainly depends on the power of the laser generator. Generally, the thickest of 6000W can be cut to 16mm and 4500W can be cut to 12mm.
Aluminum plate is a high reflection material, which does great damage to the laser!
Generally, the customer is not recommended to take the optical fiber laser cutting machine to cut the aluminum plate, and use it as little as possible!
Hundreds of thousands of lasers. It's not worth the loss if it's damaged!
Conclusion: according to personal experience, the price of carbon dioxide laser machine is relatively low and the power of laser generator is high. You can try to cut aluminum plate when you need it. The coating on the aluminum reflector prevents the laser from burning. As for the optical fiber laser machine, don't cut the aluminum plate. The gain is not worth the loss. Choose other ways to process the aluminum plate.
Precautions for laser cutting aluminum plate: aluminum plate is a high reflection material, which will cause great damage to the laser, so it should be used as little as possible. It is suggested that the aluminum plate below 6mm can be processed by CNC punch, and the aluminum plate above 6mm can be processed by water cutting.