Description of 5086 aluminum sheet.
ⅰ: What is a 5086 aluminum sheet?
5086 aluminum sheet belongs to rust-proof aluminum and is widely used in occasions requiring high corrosion resistance, good weldability, and medium strength: such as weldable parts of ships, automobiles, and aircraft plates; pressure vessels and refrigeration devices that require strict fire protection, TV tower, exploration equipment, transportation equipment, missile parts, armor, etc.
5086 aluminum sheet features
- Corrosion Resistance. 5086 aluminum sheet has the basic anti-corrosion ability to air, water (or saltwater), petrochemical, and other media. In addition, it has strong corrosion resistance in extremely strong industrial and marine atmospheric environments and deep water.
- No Low-Temperature Brittleness. Even below 0℃, the strength and plasticity of the 5086 aluminum sheet will not decrease with the temperature but will increase, and there is no low-temperature brittleness.
What is 5086 aluminum used for?
the Huawei 5086 marine grade aluminum sheet has been widely used in the manufacturing of ships' sides, bottom, and outboard, deck, etc., and is deeply favored by shipbuilding markets in South America, North America, Southeast Asia, etc. One of them was a customer from Brazil, who delivered the order of 383 tons 5086-O aluminum sheet to us at ease!
We offer the best price for your 5086 aluminum sheet.
In addition, the 5086 aluminum sheet is generally used for applications requiring high corrosion resistance, good weldability, and moderate strength. Examples, the weldable parts of ships and automobiles, pressure vessels with a strictly fireproof requirement, refrigeration units, TV towers, loading, and testing equipment, transportation equipment, etc.
5086 aluminum vs 5052 (aluminum 5086 vs 5052)
- The 5052 doesn't have the same strength and toughness as the 5086, nor does it have the same tensile force.
- Compared to 5052, 5086 fits best at the bottom because it can handle shock better. The 5052 is more malleable, easier to shape, and usually fits well on the side of a ship.
- 5086, if the correct bending machine and radius are used, the curve will not crack. Cracking is usually associated with overstress loads on the alloy -- all mechanical properties of 5086 (in all categories) are above specification 5052.
- 5086 was (and is) a high standard alloy, but is usually used only for extruded construction styles. Fewer holes, higher wire strength means less salt penetrates into the alloy, and less overall bending of the hull/ship in operation. That's why on the 5052 sides of the ship, you can see the ribs (the brakes are pressed to the side) to reduce the bending of the hull.
Parameters of alloy 5086 metal aluminum plate.
5086 aluminum plate basic parameters.
|Equivalent name||a5086,aa5086,al5086,al5086 class|
|Temper||O, H111. H112, H116, H24, H32, H321, etc|
|Surface treatment||5086 aluminum sheet has a good surface anodizing treatment. In addition, after its surface is embossed, the pattern of the 5086 aluminum checker plate is clear, smooth, and bright.|
|Size||4x8 aluminum sheet,4x10 aluminum sheet,5x10 aluminum sheet,5x12 aluminum sheet,etc|
|Thickness||1mm, 2mm, 3mm, 5mm, 6mm, etc|
Aluminum 5086 sheet plate chemical composition
5086 aluminum sheet mechanical properties
|Tensile strength σb (MPa)||≥240|
|Conditional yield strength σ0.2 (MPa)||≥95|
|Elongation δ10 (%)||≥10|
|Elongation δ5 (%)||≥12|
|Sample size||all wall thicknesses|
|Status||Aluminum and aluminum alloy hot extruded seamless round tube|
5086 h32 aluminum sheet
Aluminum Sheet 5086-H32 provides high strength, good formability and excellent corrosion resistance. 5086 is non-magnetic, heat treatable, often found in marine applications, and is considered a good replacement for grades 5052 and 5083 aluminum. It is commonly used in pressure vessels, cryogenic equipment, towers, rigs, oil/gas pipelines and military armor.
What's the approximately prices of 5086 aluminum sheet .
|Aluminum Sheet 5086 Prices||5086 aluminum diamond plate sheetsPrice List|
|Aluminium 5086 h116 T6 coil / sheet /plate||US $2800-$3200 / Metric Ton|
|5086 15mm 30mm Aluminum Alloy Sheets||US $2300-$2700 / Ton|
|aluminum alloy 5086 30mm plate||US $2000-$2500 / Ton|
|5086 H116 aluminum sheet for boat||US $1850-$2900 / Ton|
5086 aluminum plate weight
|Thickness Chart in Inches||Density||Plate Weight Chart per Unit Area|
|3/16||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.06000 lbs/in²42.184176 kg/m²|
|1/4||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.08 lbs/in²56.245568 kg/m²|
|3/8||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.121 lbs/in²85.0714216 kg/m²|
|1/2||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.161 lbs/in²113.1942056 kg/m²|
|5/8||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.196 lbs/in²137.8016416 kg/m²|
|3/4||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.235 lbs/in²165.221356 kg/m²|
|7/8||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.274 lbs/in²192.6410704 kg/m²|
|1||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.313 lbs/in²220.0607848 kg/m²|
|1 1/4||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.391 lbs/in²274.9002136 kg/m²|
|1 1/2||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.47 lbs/in²330.442712 kg/m²|
|1 3/4||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.549 lbs/in²385.9852104 kg/m²|
|2||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.627 lbs/in²440.8246392 kg/m²|
|2 1/4||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.705 lbs/in²495.664068 kg/m²|
|2 1/2||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.784 lbs/in²551.2065664 kg/m²|
|2 3/4||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.862 lbs/in²606.0459952 kg/m²|
|3||0.315 lbs/in³8.72 g/cm³||0.941 lbs/in²661.5884936 kg/m²|
Processing technology of 5086 aluminum sheet
a: 5086 aluminum welding.
The 5086 is usually assembled by arc welding, usually MIG or TIG welding. Newer friction stir welding technology has also been successfully applied, but not widely used.
Arc welding reduces mechanical properties to no lower -- O hardening conditions -- H116 substrates, yield strength measured at 20 °C (68 °F) at ambient temperature from 210 MPa (30 ksi) to 120 MPa (17 ksi), Ultimate strength reduced from 290 to 260 MPa (42 to 38 ksi). A relatively low reduction in ultimate strength (about 10%) is a good property for aluminum alloys.
b: 5086 aluminum machinability.
The machinability of strain hardening tempering (H34, H36, H38) is relatively good. Processing in annealing (O tempering) is difficult, but can still be done. Lubricants are recommended.
5086 aluminum sheet suppliers.
Huawei, a company with 20 years of experience in the production of aluminum sheets, coils, strips, and sheets, we can provide high-quality products, services, and perfect after-sales guarantee. If you still can't find a suitable aluminum sheet supplier And troubles, please contact us, we will serve you as soon as possible